Cold Pressed Sesame Oil
Cold Pressed Sesame oil is one of the oldest oils used in India along with coconut oil. Like coconut oil Sesame oil has been used in multiple ways and not just for cooking. Like all other oils, sesame oil also undergoes a refining process, which destroys many of the health benefits of the real sesame oil extracted from sesame seeds.
For thousands of years in India, sesame oil has found many uses, let's look at some of the ways in which sesame oil has been in use in India.
- Sesame Oil contains an antioxidant named sesamol (National center for biotechnology information - sesamol) which has huge potential as an anti ageing cream because it helps in keeping the skin cells rejuvenated and healthy
- Our ancestors somehow knew about the anti bacterial benefits of sesame oil and hence it was used for a massage before sleeping which will protect the skin from any kinds of infections
- Sesame oil is like the Indian counterpart of Olive Oil and it lends a distinct flavour to your dishes
- Sesame oil is used as a natural preservative in pickles due to it's natural antimicrobial properties
For lighting lamps:
- Lighting a ghee lamp is the most auspicious but after ghee sesame oil is considered to be the most sacred oil to light a lamp with
With so many material and spiritual benefits, sesame oil is truly a gift from the gods but these benefits are intact and available only when you use cold pressed sesame oils. Let's move towards a happier healthier tomorrow by switching to cold pressed oils today.