Karuppu kavuni rice (black rice) commonly known by the name Emperor's rice. It is also known as purple rice or Forbidden rice. The reason why this type of rice is called by royal terms is that, it enriches the health and ensures the longevity.
- Get up to Rs.500 Cashback on pay via Mobikwik wallet
- Minimum Assured Cashback Rs.60
- Offer valid on a minimum transaction of Rs.999
- Offer valid only once per user in a Calendar Month during the offer period.
- Offer valid from, 12th Oct'22 - 31th Dec'22
- To Avail the offer use MBK200 on Mobikwik redirected website via Cashfree gateway
It is used to prepare varieties of desserts during ancient times. Earlier in those days, one has to get consent from the royals to consume it, as it is believed that it cures almost all the body related problems.
The black colour pigmentation is due to the presence of anthocyanin in it, which is normally present in blueberries and blackberries. It has a nutty flavour.
Many recipes are made using black rice.
Most popular among them is Dosa, Puttu, Pudding with Coconut & Mango, Risotto, plain rice with various curries and others.